D is our last hope

aberba karabutaworld at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 03:14:42 UTC 2023

On Tuesday, 5 December 2023 at 21:26:05 UTC, GrimMaple wrote:

> Contrary, what I've tried to say was: it's extremely difficult
> (in D) to implement a "good for everyone" solution, because the
> language contradicts itself. If you design a `@nogc` library,
> then GC people are left out. If you design a GC library, then
> `@nogc` users are left out. And yes, I'm aware of templates and
> metaprogramming, but the code becomes a mess if you try to keep
> your stuff double-ended.

Just ignore those nitpicking. They're not going to use it anyway.
VS code for D got a lot of that till it eventually became the
defacto code editor. Vibe.d has also gotten a lot of such. It
works just fine for me being web developer. You simply can't
satisfy everyone.

Nitpicking is almost unavoidable.