D is our last hope

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Thu Dec 7 14:21:51 UTC 2023

On Thursday, 7 December 2023 at 14:08:03 UTC, Martyn wrote:
> On Thursday, 7 December 2023 at 11:50:44 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
>> On Thursday, 7 December 2023 at 10:42:45 UTC, Martyn wrote:
>>> On Wednesday, 6 December 2023 at 21:58:41 UTC, Andrew wrote:
>>

>> The Mike Acton that ended up working for Unity, as part of the
>> DOTS team, helped design Burst compiler for C# and nowadays is
>> still busy with C#, after leaving Unity.
>
> Yes (I didn't know he had left unity, tho)

My remark was to made the point that regardless of his opinion on
data-oriented design, he nowadays uses a programming language
that is pretty much as OOP as Java is, even including the latest
influences from FP that permeate both languages, as features are
part of the OOP type system of both languages, e.g. lambdas are
represented by specific classes/interfaces.