"Faster than Rust and C++: the PERFECT hash table"

Basile.B b2.temp at gmx.com
Mon Dec 11 11:36:10 UTC 2023

On Monday, 11 December 2023 at 03:25:15 UTC, Christopher Katko
wrote:
> Has anyone seen this video?
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMQ_HcNSOAI
>
> additional reddit discussion:
>
> https://www.reddit.com/r/rust/comments/11r26x1/faster_than_rust_and_c_the_perfect_hash_table/
>
> Custom hash aside, I had no idea about gperf or that it was so
> blazing fast.

To fork on that subject... I was very
"gperf-like-perfecthash-friendly" for years but nowadays I use
[lookuptables](https://gitlab.com/styx-lang/styx/-/blob/master/src/styx/string_switch.sx?ref_type=heads). Very fast too. You have Trie or suffix arrays that are very fast too but they tend not to be memory friendly.