Looking for a Lua alternative

Hipreme msnmancini at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 14 11:03:55 UTC 2023

On Thursday, 14 December 2023 at 09:43:03 UTC, solidstate1991
wrote:
> On Thursday, 14 December 2023 at 09:35:43 UTC, Sergey wrote:
>> Maybe wren?
>
> Wren is one of those fashionable scripting languages that skimp
> out on the integer support because "they can just be
> represented with floating point numbers".

The only scripting language which I know that supports integer is
[AngelScript](https://www.angelcode.com/angelscript/sdk/docs/manual/doc_datatypes_primitives.html)

But, anyway, using D as a scripting language is only a problem if
you intend to keep doing updates in the game.

I use D Dlls as the scripting language, and when doing that for
platforms which doesn't support, I simply compile the "script"
together with the engine code. This is how I achieve
WASM/PSVita/MacOS/iOS/Android (but maybe Android could be 2
shared libraries) support.