[SAOC 2023] dfmt rewrite - Weekly update #13

Prajwal S N snp at dlang.org
Fri Dec 15 18:14:55 UTC 2023

Hi all,

At the end of milestone 3, this week has been a mix of work on
DMD and dfmt. I got three more passes implemented into dfmt,
bringing us closer to hitting feature parity. On the DMD side, I
worked the raw comments into the AST by using another hash table
in the parsing stage to track symbols and their comments. As
@rikkimax mentioned in the previous update, it would make sense
to have this feature under a separate feature flag instead of
`DMDLIB` since it's very specific to dfmt/other projects that
will use the AST (D-Scanner maybe?). I should have the PR up in
the next week, just need to clean up all the debug printfs and
make sure everything's working as intended.