D is our last hope

Hors q at q.com
Fri Dec 15 18:47:52 UTC 2023

On Friday, 15 December 2023 at 15:59:59 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
> On Wednesday, 6 December 2023 at 21:58:41 UTC, Andrew wrote:
>> On Sunday, 26 November 2023 at 17:52:24 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
>>> Is there really any other language than D that can replace
>>> C++ and Rust?
>>>
>>> Go is good, but very tedious to write.
>>> Zig, Odin, Beef, V and Jai are not production ready
>>> (according to the creators themselves).
>>>
>>> C# is the only thing is see that could be a serious
>>> alternative. Forget about Java, Kotlin or whatever.
>>>
>>> But other than C#, are there really any serious alternatives?
>>>
>>> I don't think Rust is the answer, for many reasons.
>>>
>>> Well, maybe Nim would actually be a serious alternative,
>>> however, I'm kinda used to the C-style.
>>>
>>> Any feedback?
>>
>> Java is my first and forever love in the world of programming
>> languages. I don't mind the hate it gets. ☕
>
> To be honest I'm not up to date on Java, maybe its better now
> than it was 10-15 years ago when I wrote in it

It's better of course, but  their website still recommends java
8, and the big download button downloads java 8. If you develop
with newer java and older java users tries to run it, theyll just
get virtual machine error without any other detail They literally
killed their own slogan 'write once run everywhere'