D is our last hope

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 12:58:16 UTC 2023

On Monday, 18 December 2023 at 17:54:14 UTC, GrimMaple wrote:
> They are ignoring me because they know what I really mean. Just
> pointing a few projects isn't going to cut it, and people
> understand it. Obviously, even the most dead language in the
> world is going to have a few projects written in them.

You are exaggregating all the time. Langauge being dead means
that no-one is using it. Think some academic research language
that was used to write a proof of concept project by a few people
and then everyone moved on. _That's_ what dead means. You can
make a reasonable case that D has too little adoption and/or
growth, but please call the problem that, and nothing else.
Exaggregating the failings of the language serves only to make
people annoyed and hence defensive.