D is our last hope

Adam D Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 14:27:15 UTC 2023

On Tuesday, 19 December 2023 at 14:09:35 UTC, GrimMaple wrote:
> So, I will reiterate: what would it take you to admit that D is
> more dead than alive and that something must be done about it?

D could show it is still alive by merging these two PRs before
the new year:

https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/15537

Note that this one was approved at the August 2023 DLF meeting,
implemented shortly thereafter, yet still sitting in limbo.

https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/15715

This is the culmination of about 6 years of work by the D
community, yet is waiting on a pointless bit of red tape.

So many contributors have been driven away by similar situations.
And it is going to happen again if they do not act within the
next twelve days.