D is our last hope

Adam D Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 15:37:01 UTC 2023

On Tuesday, 19 December 2023 at 15:14:00 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
> Most DIPs take longer than 3 months to get approved and
> language changes in other languages don't typically move that
> fast either (which isn't to say that D shouldn't try to move
> faster than other languages).

This needs to be corrected for D to thrive.

> For some mir packages (no idea if this is a problem more
> generally), code.dlang.org won't catch updated tags without a
> force update. No idea why.

Yeah, I think it does it in order on a timer and it just runs out
of time and starts over from the beginning or something. dub
needs a lot of work, no part of it actually works *well*.

(thankfully, you can be perfectly productive in D never using it!)

> I'm also confused why we can't come to some kind of agreement
> on issue 23479 [1]. That played out back in February and has
> been crickets since then.

Yeah, same root problem, as stalled PRs.