D is our last hope

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 20:59:50 UTC 2023

I'm kind of tired of this argument, so this will be the only
reply.

On Tuesday, 19 December 2023 at 20:22:13 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 12/19/2023 11:29 AM, duckchess wrote:
>> and DIP1027 is bad. it's been discussed to death why it's so
>> bad. and yet you refuse to let it go and look at the proposal
>> everyone else agrees is the best option.
>> it's literally why I refuse to even start to submit a DIP.
>> it's a pointless waste of time.
>
> I spent a whole afternoon carefully reviewing the DIP, only to
> be told that wasn't what was implemented and I should read the
> code. That was a waste of time.

No, no you weren't. You were told exactly what the spec is. What
you did was take the examples of things *that are possible with
the DIP* (not the specification), and complain that we can't add
those to phobos and that the hypothetical examples were missing
specification (because they are *examples* and not actual
proposal).

As done before
[here](https://forum.dlang.org/post/idrwdpwalhjaonsgmqtr@forum.dlang.org) and [here](https://forum.dlang.org/post/jhjocootfnfbcmgrcakj@forum.dlang.org) and [here](https://forum.dlang.org/post/nslqrrucnxrctqagtsfu@forum.dlang.org)

-Steve