D Properties when?

Quirin Schroll qs.il.paperinik at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 17:28:48 UTC 2023

On Thursday, 14 December 2023 at 19:49:35 UTC, ryuukk_ wrote:
> i don't understand why people want D to be a copy pasta of C#

Noted.

> i'd rather the language focus on what _really_ matter, areas
> where D falls behind serious competition
> (Rust/Zig/Odin/Nim/Swift)
>
> - native tuple: multiple return value
> - tagged union: improved enum/union
> - pattern matching: improved switch

This is funny now because native tuples and pattern matching are
already C# features and there is [a
proposal](https://github.com/dotnet/csharplang/blob/main/proposals/discriminated-unions.md) to add discriminated unions to C#. (For pattern matching, C# may not meet your particular idea of pattern matching, but claiming it doesn’t have it would be plain wrong.)

You’re likely not alone in here, I want D to be more like C#, too.