Best Compiler for Performance

Sergey kornburn at yandex.ru
Tue Dec 26 09:36:55 UTC 2023

On Tuesday, 26 December 2023 at 08:22:47 UTC, Kangoroo wrote:
> Which is better for performance and stability in the D
> language, GDC or LDC? Which one do you prefer for your
> projects? I know DMD includes the language's new features early
> but considering its slower performance, I am thinking of
> switching to an alternative compiler.

For macOS - use LDC (the only nice option for M1 for example)
For Windows - again LDC (there was a project for GDC on Windows,
but it is not in “just works” phase)
For Linux - you can try both GDC and LDC. It depends on the type
of the code/tools - which will be more convenient, both of them
have similar performance.