Thank you to Rainer: shared library support

Adam Wilson flyboynw at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 23:14:50 UTC 2023

On Saturday, 30 December 2023 at 22:22:22 UTC, Richard (Rikki)
Andrew Cattermole wrote:
> A big shout-out to Rainer for improving dmd's shared library
> support and getting [0] merged!
>
> [0] https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/14849

I would like to add my thanks to Rainer for getting the across
the finish line. 2.106 was a fantastic release and with this
merged in 2.107 is looking tremendous. This improvement to Shared
Libraries is a significant improvement to D and will open up new
possibilities for our users.

I also wanted to give kudos to Nicholas Wilson for jumping on
this and helping Rainer get this across the finish line. This
merge is shining example of what this community can accomplish
when it works together.

And now, onward towards the completion of Shared Library support
with [DIP
Export2](https://gist.github.com/rikkimax/1d7cfdb8ed74e9e4efc9ba0208f42e7e#file-dip-export2-md)