RfC for language feature: rvalue struct

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 13:18:47 UTC 2023

On Wednesday, 1 February 2023 at 11:26:17 UTC, FeepingCreature
wrote:
> I mean, since it's a *reduction* in capability, it would even
> be enough to do it as an audit step. Error on any assignment to
> a field in the struct marked with a UDA.
>
> That can't be done before semantic assignment though...

Yes, if you can find a single location that you can hook into and
then put all the required changes in separate (new) files to keep
it maintainable.

(The trick is to make as few changes as possible to files that
keep changing upstream, otherwise rebasing becomes a tedious
chore in my experience).