Monorepo?

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 17:05:26 UTC 2023

On 2/6/23 11:57 AM, H. S. Teoh wrote:

> OTOH there have been a good number of occasions in the past where
> changes in DMD/druntime had to be coordinated with Phobos. Even today,
> I'm almost certain that you can only use a specific version of Phobos
> with a specific version of DMD; it's likely to fail compilation or
> behave incorrectly otherwise.

That's a one-way dependency, and normal. DMD/druntime do not depend on
phobos (any more, I believe the only issues were with intrinsics, which
now are all in druntime)

FWIW, I would vote for a phobos dependency in code.dlang.org, but it
needs to be versioned properly (not easy). I doubt we have the manpower
to make sure that is the case.

-Steve