Monorepo?

Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole richard at cattermole.co.nz
Wed Feb 8 00:40:44 UTC 2023

On 07/02/2023 11:15 PM, Atila Neves wrote:
> What special rule? If a dmd change breaks Phobos, doesn't it make more
> sense to fix Phobos in the same PR than submitting a separate PR to the
> Phobos repo (and having to explain that it's because of dmd PR #12345)?

If a Phobos change breaks MIR, doesn't it make more sense to fix MIR in
the same PR than submitting a separate PR to the MIR repo (and having to
explain that its because of a Phobos PR #12345)?

We can apply this same logic to literally any code base that is in the
auto tester. The dmd repository is going to get quite big when we keep
including what should be isolated code bases administratively...

Personally I'm not sure that the zlib folks are going to want to move
development into the dmd repository. But hey, you guys have pull so
maybe you'll archive it!