Solving a constraint hiding an error in a function literal

WebFreak001 d.forum at webfreak.org
Thu Feb 9 11:43:55 UTC 2023

On Friday, 3 February 2023 at 13:57:02 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> On 2/3/23 7:43 AM, Nick Treleaven wrote:
>
>> if (__traits(callable, a, int()))
>
> GMTA?
>
> https://forum.dlang.org/post/rj5hok$c6q$1@digitalmars.com
>
> -Steve

I remember this thread now and I'm actually amazed we haven't
been making any progress towards this yet, because this looks
like such a simple and elegant solution we could use for new code
and Phobos v2. (because it's a backwards incompatible change when
suddenly other code paths would attempt to compile I think)

I'll try starting a DIP, maybe that's just everything we need to
get going.