Anyone familiar with libdparse?

WebFreak001 d.forum at webfreak.org
Thu Feb 9 11:57:50 UTC 2023

On Wednesday, 8 February 2023 at 20:41:31 UTC, ryuukk_ wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am currently working on template support for DCD [1], i made
> some good progress so far
>
> I'm however currently stuck because libdparse seems incomplete,
> some information related to `AutoDeclaration` seems missing,
> there is a TODO note on libdparse, so i guess someone forgot
> about it [2]
>
> If you are familiar with libdparse code base and are willing to
> help, please let me know!
>
> Thanks!
>

> [1] - https://github.com/dlang-community/DCD/pull/709
>
> [2] -
> https://github.com/dlang-community/libdparse/blob/master/src/dparse/ast.d#L3431

that TODO refers to the visitor.

You are also inside UnaryExpression there, which is just the
value. If you are looking for stuff from the AutoDeclaration, you
need to look there.

For debugging you can use `dscanner --ast < code.d` to generate
an XML output of most of the AST. (note: this is sometimes
incomplete and does not always include all the fields that are
actually in memory)