Pure Factory Functions 💔 `inout`

ag0aep6g anonymous at example.com
Fri Feb 10 20:02:49 UTC 2023

On Friday, 10 February 2023 at 19:33:26 UTC, ag0aep6g wrote:
> David also describes "pure factory functions" (without calling
> them that) as "not [taking] any arguments with mutable
> indirections".

Though I just realized that that can be interpreted two ways:

1. The function does not have any *parameters* with mutable
indirections. I.e., `const` is ok. This is what DMD does.
2. The function cannot be called with mutable indirections. I.e.,
`const` is not ok.

I think the first interpretation is the intended one, but I can't
say I'm sure.