Monorepo?

Atila Neves atila.neves at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 11:58:56 UTC 2023

On Wednesday, 8 February 2023 at 00:40:44 UTC, Richard (Rikki)
Andrew Cattermole wrote:
> On 07/02/2023 11:15 PM, Atila Neves wrote:
>> What special rule? If a dmd change breaks Phobos, doesn't it
>> make more sense to fix Phobos in the same PR than submitting a
>> separate PR to the Phobos repo (and having to explain that
>> it's because of dmd PR #12345)?
>
> If a Phobos change breaks MIR, doesn't it make more sense to
> fix MIR in the same PR than submitting a separate PR to the MIR
> repo (and having to explain that its because of a Phobos PR
> #12345)?

I don't understand how this analogy applies unless you're
advocating for a monorepo with all dub packages, which I doubt is
the case.

> We can apply this same logic to literally any code base that is
> in the auto tester. The dmd repository is going to get quite
> big when we keep including what should be isolated code bases
> administratively...

I don't think we can, because I'm asking about putting code
that's under control by the same group of people in the same
repository and I don't see how that applies to private individual
projects.