GC hangs on spinlock in ConservativeGC.runLocked

klasbo klasbo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 22:54:02 UTC 2023

On Monday, 20 February 2023 at 22:11:47 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> On 2/20/23 4:28 PM, klasbo wrote:
>> Or the more important (for me) question: Is this part of
>> "normal" GC control flow (why would assert(freedPages <
>> usedPages) trigger? This is the beyond the limit of my GC
>> understanding!), or is there still/also something broken on my
>> end that I have to look for?
>
> The error itself is something that isn't addressed with this
> fix. So I should clarify that the *dealdock* was fixed, not
> your original root cause. Please try with the latest compiler,
> and elaborate further if you still can't figure it out and/or
> file a bug!
>
> -Steve

So at least I will now get a proper error (presumably
InvalidMemoryOperationError?) and its stack trace when/if-ever
this happens again. Or if I am (un)lucky, this will be "handled"
by vibe and only show up in any logs I enable.

Thanks again.