Best Commercial Segue into D

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at gdcproject.org
Mon Feb 20 23:29:30 UTC 2023

On Monday, 20 February 2023 at 01:02:08 UTC, thebluepandabear
wrote:
>> I work with D. I'm in the USA. So my job.
>>
>> Yes, the job market isn't flooded with open D jobs. But saying
>> there aren't jobs "Period" is not correct.
>>
>> -Steve
>
> Well, let me correct myself, D is 'hardly' used in the job
> industry then.
>
> The likelihood of finding a job in D is extremely slim, an
> exception does not equal the rule.

I've only been in D jobs for the last 9-10 years, so it isn't
impossible.

Speaking from experience of one large D shop (~40 developers), in
the early years, the company never advertised positions for D
developers, it was always C++.  It was only when interviewees
were close to accepting the job that they were finally told they
wouldn't be working in C++.