Why is std.regex slow, well here is one reason!

Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole richard at cattermole.co.nz
Sat Feb 25 03:24:46 UTC 2023

On 25/02/2023 7:39 AM, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 2/24/2023 2:27 AM, Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole wrote:
>> who knew those innocent looking symbols, all in their tables could be
>> so complicated!
>
> Because the Unicode designers are in love with complexity (like far too
> many engineers).

Not entirely.

Humans have made pretty much every form of writing system imaginable.

If there is an assumption to be had in latin, there is another script
that violates it so hard that you now need a table for it.

I find Unicode to be pretty impressive. It is composed of some of the
hardest parts of human society to represent and it does so with support
of thousands of years of content and not only that but it is backwards
and forwards compatible!

Date/time is easy in comparison lol!