dub: JSON, SDL, YAML, TOML, what color should we paint it ?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at qfbox.info
Tue Feb 28 16:04:42 UTC 2023

On Tue, Feb 28, 2023 at 03:15:33PM +0000, Adam D Ruppe via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Tuesday, 28 February 2023 at 14:29:28 UTC, Mathias LANG wrote:
> > Obviously such a change would not happen overnight, and would need
> > broad support from the community. Opinions ?
>
> Here's a wild idea: use the D language. Most the things dub.json
> defines are already available in D anyway.

Yes!!  This is the way to go.

At least, use a reasonable subset of D if being Turing-complete is not
necessarily a good thing. :-P  Why make the user learn a different
syntax?  We're already writing D.  Just reuse D syntax.

"Maybe" is a strange word.  When mom or dad says it it means "yes", but when my big brothers say it it means "no"! -- PJ jr.