Fixing C's Biggest Mistake

jonatjano jonatjano at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 09:42:28 UTC 2023

On Wednesday, 21 December 2022 at 19:09:37 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> https://news.ycombinator.com/edit?id=34084894
>
> I'm wondering. Should I just go ahead and implement [..] in
> ImportC?

I think you should do it, you're losing much more time arguing
about it's value than if you did it from the start
People want you to work on this and that but argue so much with
you on a non-breaking addition that you don't have the time to
work at all

As far as I understand it's nothing more than a syntax for D
slices into betterC, which mean most of the code is already
written (maybe it could use D slice syntax directly for a better
transition from betterC to full D if wanted?)