Fixing C's Biggest Mistake

Guillaume Piolat first.last at spam.org
Sat Jan 7 11:29:21 UTC 2023

On Saturday, 24 December 2022 at 20:52:53 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>> Is or was anyone other than Remedy using `core.simd`? There
>> had to be a very good reason to design it in a way that is
>> incompatible with the de-facto standard GCC intrinsics and
>> vector extensions.

Well core.simd is used by a lot of people already.

My understanding is that before core.simd there was no vector
extension in LDC or GDC, or, it would be even more different
without that specific core.simd effort.

intel-intrinsics does use D_SIMD now, it's a slow work in
progress, so that to exploit the capabilities of the DMD
compiler. SIMD support only got better in D and DMD since Remedy.