Fixing C's Biggest Mistake

Don Allen donaldcallen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 17:30:32 UTC 2023

On Monday, 9 January 2023 at 15:23:56 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
> On Monday, 9 January 2023 at 15:12:41 UTC, Don Allen wrote:
>> [snip]
>>
>> I will say, though, that I have cancelled my LastPass
>> subscription and migrated to 1Password, because I think the
>> way LastPass handled this was dishonest.
>
> Sorry if this is off topic, but how was the migration? Any
> difficulties?

I'm only about a week into this, so not a lot of experience, but
1Password has worked well so far. A minor inconvenience is that
the 1Password browser extension wants the master password the
first time you use it after a browser restart. My password is 15
random characters, so impossible to remember. I've dealt with
this by putting the password in a file in a USB key and have a
little script to mount the key (using doas so I don't have to do
this as root), print the password and umount the key (doas
again). I then copy-paste the password to make the extension
happy. Not a big deal.