D companies in Germany

Hipreme msnmancini at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 10 18:42:50 UTC 2023

On Tuesday, 10 January 2023 at 14:09:03 UTC, tastyminerals wrote:
> That's my feeling as well. I don't have C/C++ experience but it
> basically became a personal scripting language for me without
> any option to use it elsewhere :(
>
> Another thing, Munich D group last meet-up was in 2019 but
> maybe that's the effect of COVID.

So, there's nothing to work really :)
I don't have C/C++ experience besides doing some C ports to D,
but the way native programming languages works are very familiar,
so you will have quite an easy time into understanding build
tools, native gotchas such as escaping reference to stack
value(which I've found ppl asking me to debug code like that in
99% of my interviews). At least those experience they require you
can get by working with D.

The way I think right now about that is if we do really cool
projects in D, it will be a matter of time until people start
using, and I'm not saying about porting code, but doing rather
original stuff. Which is my aim of my engine right now, having an
open source game engine with a native programming language, with
a beginner and productivity friendly features (GC) and complete
build system, which can go to all platforms, having compilation
time reflection.
Like, just how many C++ engines does that out there? Almost none.
As I saw before, Walter put GC integrated in the language because
if you wanted to do it, it was an incredibly painful process. I
think the same and by doing cool and new stuff we'll get there.
Having feedback is always welcome too :)