Fixing C's Biggest Mistake

A moo person moo_mail at fake.com
Wed Jan 11 00:02:30 UTC 2023

On Friday, 30 December 2022 at 02:17:58 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> The idea that a program should soldier on once it is in an
> invalid state is very bad system design.

There are definitely cases where it is desirable. In games,
especially competitive real time games, the show must go on. If
you are in a high adrenalin match and your game crashes at the
worst time because some animation system got into an invalid
state, you will be very mad.

also this thread makes me sad reading thru it... :(