Trying to use Mir ion, its a perfect example of the failure of D's attribute system

Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole richard at cattermole.co.nz
Fri Jan 20 21:33:11 UTC 2023

On 21/01/2023 10:23 AM, Hipreme wrote:
> This is things I could think out of the box. I would say that we are
> lacking tooling support for .di too. I don't think dub integrates nicely
> with .di files, which were one of the reasons I'm not using it.

Dub doesn't abstract the .di generator. However it is very easy to pass
in the flags in to make it do what you want. This is not a limiting factor.

Fact is, the .di generator doesn't produce usable D code, nor does it
produce it in a way that -I can use.

It is useless in its current state and is a major issue that will need
to be solved once DLL's work properly in dmd.