Trying to use Mir ion, its a perfect example of the failure of D's attribute system

A moo person moo_mail at fake.com
Sat Jan 21 05:08:11 UTC 2023

On Friday, 20 January 2023 at 00:31:54 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> I'd just write serialization code myself.

Yep this is what I am doing now. Not the first time I have
written a serializer in D using traits(allMembers) but its old
and not well maintained. I was attracted to Mir because it can do
text and binary. I was hoping to use text for development and
switch to binary for release. But I will just write my own, it
might be a little more work but it's not so bad if I don't try to
handle indirection and allocation. Just structs, getter/setters
that return structs, and input/output ranges for iterables.