Allocator-aware @safe reference counting is still not possible

Paul Backus snarwin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 21:31:32 UTC 2023

On Sunday, 22 January 2023 at 15:50:27 UTC, Richard (Rikki)
Andrew Cattermole wrote:
> On 23/01/2023 4:28 AM, Atila Neves wrote:
>> I'm pretty much convinced we need isolated.
>
> I'm not. When I first got a link to that paper I certainly
> didn't understand even the basic concepts. Variable based
> borrow checker is much easier to understand comparatively.

A borrow checker would also work. I think `isolated` is probably
a better fit for D, but it's certainly not the only option.

> That just leaves controlled, where @localsafe would be
> desirable (so you could call @system RCAllocator api).

Can you explain more about @localsafe? I don't understand how
this is different from Dukc's proposal in the linked thread.