Allocator-aware @safe reference counting is still not possible

Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole richard at cattermole.co.nz
Mon Jan 30 23:08:28 UTC 2023

On 31/01/2023 11:28 AM, Paul Backus wrote:
 > What I would like to hear from you is, what is *your* answer to this
 > question? What do you think the author of the *data structure* should do?

Pray that it will error or work correctly.

Unless Walter changes his opinion of DFA or says let's add a proofing
engine to dmd, I do not think we are fixing this situation. I want to
see this solved. But we have very little to lean on in the literature,
if we manage to do it, good chance somebody is getting a PHD.