D has become unbearable and it needs to stop

Guillaume Piolat first.last at spam.org
Mon Jul 3 11:50:32 UTC 2023

On Monday, 3 July 2023 at 11:35:41 UTC, GrimMaple wrote:
> Who asked for those features in the first place? Eg. who asked
> for ImportC? Are you even sure those new features are needed?

Recently translated miniz (a zlib replacement) from C to D and
Dennis' ctod didn't make it through the unbelievable macros, and
it was a drag to expand the macros by hand.
I will very probably use ImportC when it can find the
preprocessor on Windows, which has been a blocker here. So many
codebases have been translated from C to D it can be indeed
valuable. Moreover ImportC is also a fast C compiler so it can
eventually help build times of D projects by rewriting in C :)