D has become unbearable and it needs to stop

Sergey kornburn at yandex.ru
Mon Jul 3 15:27:52 UTC 2023

On Monday, 3 July 2023 at 15:04:13 UTC, FeepingCreature wrote:
> I'm not using it in D right now, but every compiler I've ever
> made has had some variant of ImportC. It's a great feature, and
> I am hype that it's in the language.

Many used approach with clang/cling..
D already had dstep,ctod,htod,dpp,calypso,ohmygentool
Also same ABI with C and easy export(C)..
Many languages somehow live without it..

Also there were no DIP with: analysis of “best practices”, effort
estimation, asking which approach based on effort is more desired
by community..
Maybe it was but only inside core team idk..