dub with nix (issue introduced by dub >= dub-v1.31.0)

Ralph ralph.amissah at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 13:28:38 UTC 2023

On Friday, 26 May 2023 at 20:48:41 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
> On Friday, 26 May 2023 at 18:53:36 UTC, Ralph Amissah wrote:
>> Rikki, thanks for your response. Something is changed from
>> v1.31.0 I hope for a fix or workaround.
>>
>> Unfortunately ``--cache=local`` did not solve the problem.
>>
>> using ``--cache=local`` :
>>
>> dub >= v1.31.0 build breaks (trying to build a subpackage,
>> happens to
>> be dyaml i believe as the first sub-package it tries to build)
>>    > Error /homeless-shelter: Permission denied
>>
>> [...]
>
> thanks for the response, this seems to be a bug. I'll
> investigate this in dub and ensure --cache=local works, as well
> as giving the option to always use cache local by default, so
> that users with read-only filesystems can continue to use dub,
> even though filesystem usage will be much higher.

Grateful for any updates on this problem.

I have been following and testing subsequent dub releases with
Nix flakes (nix build) (on NixOS).

Dub 1.33.0 was released too soon after this report to take it
into account;
Dub 1.33.1 released July 2nd still does not address the issue.

I would just like to be re-assured that the issue is not
forgotten.

https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/226813

It would be wonderful to know that it has been sorted.
thanks,
Ralph