Shortcomings of D-Style Fused Operator Overloading

IchorDev zxinsworld at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 12:15:39 UTC 2023

On Friday, 7 July 2023 at 12:09:19 UTC, Richard (Rikki) Andrew
Cattermole wrote:
> I do not know how to read them either. I doubt you'd see much
> code using them.
>
> It would only be the people who are very familiar with their
> usage who would find any use of it. If for no other reason than
> everyone else do not have quick access to those characters
> already setup.

They could always use mixins that replace those characters with
function calls. What I worry about is: as a language feature, it
might become common enough that I have to read through it in the
code of others to understand what their code is doing.