D at 8-bit platform - some experiences

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 09:14:19 UTC 2023

On Friday, 7 July 2023 at 19:02:58 UTC, kinke wrote:
> On Thursday, 6 July 2023 at 17:18:26 UTC, Dukc wrote:
>> Note that I don't use `-Oz`. For some reason that tries to
>> link to GCC-defined function that isn't in my GCC library
>> (maybe I have a GCC version mismatch).
>
> You might likely need the LLVM `builtins` compiler-rt library
> (built for avr obviously, and the version matching the LLVM
> version LDC was linked against):
> https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/tree/main/compiler-rt/lib/builtins. [There's an `avr` subdirectory.]

Very likely. At least the names of the functions there read
familiar.

Didn't know there's such a library at LLVM - thanks! I thought
they all are at libGCC and LLVM would only emit calls to them.
Now when I think of it it wouldn't have made sense though since
avr-gcc is supposedly only used for linking, not as a runtime
provider.