dub with nix (issue introduced by dub >= dub-v1.31.0)

Ralph ralph.amissah at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 19:43:20 UTC 2023

On Saturday, 8 July 2023 at 19:22:28 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> On Saturday, 8 July 2023 at 18:24:23 UTC, Ralph wrote:
>> export HOME=$(pwd)
>
> Also have you tried `--temp-build`? With it Dub should not try
> to write to `$HOME` either, I think, just the current project's
> directory.

just did out of curiosity, different error:

it appears to build but the result of my build is not available
to me ... i guess unless I take some additional step that I have
never had to... but thanks.

making sure HOME directory is set (in the nix "buildPhase" or
"preBuild" as I ended up doing) to wherever nix chooses to do its
build by default (pwd) is a better solution (my guess: it seems
that somehow in dub HOME has been lost and some action of dub is
now taken on root following an empty HOME)