Windows experience is atrocious

IchorDev zxinsworld at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 06:22:53 UTC 2023

On Thursday, 20 July 2023 at 16:22:47 UTC, Rumbu wrote:

> 2. Cannot run, blocked by AppLocker, IOC blacklisted
> 3. Added to exception list
> 4. Cannot run, blocked by Windows SmartScreen

Gotta love Windows. /sarcasm

> 5. Bypass
> 6. You have DMD 2.090 installed, replace it? Yes
> 7. Failed, installer said run dmd-2.104.2.exe /f

If you have BASH, you could use the installer script:
https://dlang.org/install.html
I find it makes updating & installing multiple compilers pretty
convenient, especially if you modify your BASH profile.

> 27. Edit dub.json, adding target ./bin/hello.exe
> 30. Documentation says that I should have a dub template. Nope,
> I have a CMake template.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding but... you can use dub recipes
(dub.json) *or* CMake. Not sure what dub's CMake support is like,
  if indeed it has it.

> OK, I know, there is VisualD, but install process is still
> complicated.

I don't like VisualD that much.