Why is D Slow?

Dlang Lover dlang at lover.com
Wed Jul 26 07:44:35 UTC 2023

I've been reviewing most Benchmark tests lately. However, system
programming languages ​​such as Rust and C++ promise high speed
in almost every field. But I can't see that for D language. For
example, does it make sense for a Web Framework to have such a
speed issue between Rust and D? Why is there such a speed
difference?

https://web-frameworks-benchmark.netlify.app/compare?f=vibed,axum

Again, when I examine a few tests outside of the Web domain, for
example, in the Github repository below, D language comes after
C++ and Rust most of the time, but here too, DMD is slow next to
LDC and GDC.

https://github.com/kostya/benchmarks

What's behind the speed problem of the D language? What can be
done for this? Although I do not know much about compiler and
language development, if there is a solution to such problems? I
want to support as much as I can.