D Language Foundation July 2023 Quarterly Meeting Summary

Dany12L dany12719l at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 20:07:21 UTC 2023

On Saturday, 29 July 2023 at 15:40:08 UTC, max haughton wrote:
> And again, most of the annoying deprecations come from dip1000
> — people have been saying it longer than I've been using D, are
> saying it now, and will continue to say it: it's not ready yet.
> It's not aligned with want users want, and what good D code
> wants to be, theoretically and ergonomically — in its current
> form it's just an easy arbitrage for competing languages.

I don't know if I'm the only one but currently I still don't
understand how to use dip1000 correctly, I don't know if I don't
understand or if the documentation is not clear enough.

Could someone who is not directly contributing to D tell me if
they totally understand dip1000 or if like me they are still
unsure how it works?