D has become unbearable and it needs to stop

Ernesto Castellotti erny.castell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 17:34:40 UTC 2023

On Thursday, 8 June 2023 at 17:20:25 UTC, Johan wrote:
> So every release is maintaining the level of immaturity (note:
> .0 releases I don't even consider, .1 or .2 (what LDC uses) is
> slightly better).
>
> -Johan

Personally I only use GDC in production and I've never had any
surprises with their releases, I honestly would never use DMD in
production I consider the quality of the backend insufficient for
serious use in production.
I don't want to say a heresy, but sincerely if I had to decide
for D the first thing I would do is stop work on DMD I don't see
the real usefulness when we have LDC and GDC. Probably the
primary development could be done on LDC to not have to be
conditioned by the release times of GCC.