D has become unbearable and it needs to stop

Rune Morling ermo at serpentos.com
Sun Jun 11 19:33:42 UTC 2023

On Saturday, 10 June 2023 at 10:34:06 UTC, GrimMaple wrote:
> On Saturday, 10 June 2023 at 09:31:07 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
>> You're the one pushing for an LTS release. If you have a case
>> to make for it, then you're welcome to come to the meeting and
>> discuss it. I can't speak for everyone on the team. You might
>> find support, you might not. The invitation's there, without
>> any preconditions. Take it or leave it.
>
> With that attitutude, I choose to "leave it".

How come? Mike is saying you're more than welcome to state your
case? Are you suggesting that you'll only bother to do so if it's
a foregone conclusion that it'll indeed happen?

That seems an odd tack to take for something you apparently feel
quite strongly about?

Also, see Iain's message above; 2.076 is already the _de facto_
LTS due to GDC requirements (I believe ADR made this argument
recently in the Discord too).

 From my limited perspective, the ideal case here is LDC and GDC
working together on the _de facto_ LTS versions re. backporting
important patches it seems. I'll leave the discussion of how that
could work to more knowledgeable people.

In other words: This is _really close_ to happening is my
impression. Why wouldn't you want to be one of the people helping
to bring it over the goal line re. DLF buy-in so _you actually
get what you were after in the first place?_