Organizing work via github projects

RazvanN razvan.nitu1305 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 13:51:46 UTC 2023

On Tuesday, 13 June 2023 at 10:13:28 UTC, max haughton wrote:
> On Monday, 12 June 2023 at 15:07:41 UTC, RazvanN wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I am glad to announce that following some of the Foundation's
>> meetings we have come up with concrete projects and tasks
>> that, we believe, will further improve the status quo. As Mike
>> pointed out in a former post, we have 3 tracks:
>>
>> [...]
>
>> Explore a replacement for `alias this`
>
> Stabilize?

To stabilize the language is different than freezing the language.

With that being said, alias this is poorly implemented and
designed. This leads to a ton of ad-hoc hacks present in the
compiler so that some use cases are supported. We want to explore
ways in which we can provide elegant and non-disruptive
alternatives. That will further stabilize the language.