D has become unbearable and it needs to stop

claptrap clap at trap.com
Fri Jun 16 08:55:11 UTC 2023

On Friday, 16 June 2023 at 06:23:00 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> On Thursday, June 15, 2023 9:42:11 PM MDT Walter Bright via
> Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> On 6/15/2023 7:45 PM, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
>> > Or to be more precise, they're default-initialized before
>> > any constructors are called.
>>
>> Right. (Good to hear from you!)
>
> Well, I've been out of things for a while due to issues with
> migraines, but they've improved enough that I'm getting back to
> work now. I don't know how much I'll be dealing with the
> newsgroup or official D stuff going forward, but I intend to be
> at least somewhat involved again.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

My wife has had crippling migraines for years, like 2 a week,
crawling around on the floor crying, heavy duty painkillers to
knock her out bad. She started on Ajovy about a year ago and its
literally changed her life, she gets maybe 2 a month now. So
instead of spending 3 or 4 days a week in bed or recovering from
the after affects, she has a couple of days a month where she has
to be in bed with the room blacked out.

The neurologist also made her stop taking any pain meds unless
it's absolutely desperate, that helped with the day to day
headaches she was also getting. So she doesnt take anything
unless its a full on migraine.

But the Ajovy stuff is amazing, literally changed her life. It's
an injection once a month with an epipen like thing.