D’s delegates — The good, the bad, and the ugly

claptrap clap at trap.com
Sat Jun 17 20:38:30 UTC 2023

On Friday, 16 June 2023 at 15:29:47 UTC, Quirin Schroll wrote:
> First and foremost, D’s delegates are a great idea. I worked
> with C++’s member function pointers; they’re awful in syntax
> and the concept is fine, delegates are just better.

Somewhat of an aside but every time people talk about function
signatures i cant help having a mental image of 20 people trying
to squeeze through a single doorway. There's so much to express
on function signatures it feels like 90% of the complexity of the
language is right there on the entry point to a function.
constness, safe, system, nogcn, nothrow, lifetimes, refness, auto
this or that, return on parameters, or after the function. then
you add this with delegates and how they relate to what they are
being passed to or called with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M68GeL8PafE