D has become unbearable and it needs to stop

Martyn martyn.developer at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 19 10:35:34 UTC 2023

On Sunday, 18 June 2023 at 17:49:38 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 6/17/2023 5:14 AM, monkyyy wrote:
>> All you need to say is "d version 99 is the lts for the next 3
>> year" or maybe a formal blog post by 5ish people.
>
> Somebody needs to step up and pull fixes into it.

OK - while I am a developer that has used D for minor programs on
my home systems (and someone who visits the forums and conf
videos often) - I am happy to step up to support/contribute LTS.
However, I am not in a position to do this right now. Not because
"I am busy" or similar, I need to understand the internals and
community process of the D language.

I guess I am a "user" of Dlang, but happy to dive into the dev
world.

When I am ready (and noone else had stepped up to handling LTS) I
will likely create a new post to kick things off officially.

Thanks.