Why is Json parsing slower in multiple threads?

Sergey kornburn at yandex.ru
Tue Jun 20 12:10:41 UTC 2023

On Tuesday, 20 June 2023 at 09:31:57 UTC, Alexandre Bourquelot
wrote:
> Hello everyone. We have some D code running in production that
> reads files containing lines of JSON data, that we would like
> to parse and process.
> Thanks in advance, this has been annoying me for a couple of
> days and I have no idea what might be the problem. Strangely
> enough I also have the same problem when using `vibe-d` json
> library for parsing.

Btw if you want really fast solution, I can recommend to try ASDF
library.
There is also Mir-ION successor, but I haven't tried it.

With help of ASDF I was able to prepare almost the best solution
for JSON serde problem. Also with low memory consumption!
https://programming-language-benchmarks.vercel.app/problem/json-serde