Bugzilla to GitHub Issues Migration

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 21:52:12 UTC 2023

On Thursday, 22 June 2023 at 21:40:34 UTC, Elias wrote:
> On Thursday, 22 June 2023 at 20:48:09 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
> wrote:
>> but they're not as sophisticated as bugzilla.
>
> Though GitHub seems to have a more sophisticated spam
> “protection” strategy than straight out blocking all Gmail
> addresses.
>
> Feel free to choose whether
> - those in charge didn’t bother to fix it resp. where
> unavailable
> - or were unable/incapable to fix.
> That makes no difference. There’ve been complaints about this
> policy for years. And effectively, they fell on deaf ears – in
> terms of outcome.

I'm sorry about banning Gmail addresses. It was the best way to
stop the flood of spam that I could find at the time. I only have
limited access to the Bugzilla server, and Brad was too busy with
other things to do something more sophisticated.

> From that perspective I’d say, GitHub issues is a huge win for
> us all.

On newer Bugzilla versions, you can log in with your GitHub
account. You can try it on https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/.

The crude spam measures like the Gmail ban would also hopefully
not be needed once the DLF runs the Bugzilla instance.